||[Dec. 28th, 2004|09:47 pm]
went to the web-site today.|
tanx Matt it looks great & i really like the cover message.
now i want everyone to wright down 10 favourite Christmas songs & submit them to me.
-Merry New Year.
yer welcome :]
we've kinda had this discussion, but:
1 - Carol of the Bells (with vocals)
2 - O Come O Come Emmanuel
3 - One Small Child
4 - Ave Maria
5 - Do you Hear What I Hear?
6 - Silent Night
7 - Gloria (Angels We have Heard)
8 - Oh Holy Night
9 - What Child is This?
10 - Drummer Boy (depends on arrangement ...)
Those area the "religious" ones that strike me going off of my play list :]
I like pretty much all the traditional Christmas carols (and no - I don't consider Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer a "traditional" carol.) But here are some of my favorites - in alphabetical order.
1) Angels We Have Heard on High
2) Ave Maria
3) Carol of the Bells (never heard enough!)
4) Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas (not religious, but very sentimental)
5) In the Bleak Midwinter (not a traditional tune, but beautiful and very moving when done right)
6) Little Drummer Boy (thank you, 1950’s Hallmark Hall of Fame TV Movie)
7) O Holy Night
8) Silent Night (chick harmony)
9) White Christmas (I know...another non-religious one...sorry)
If I can think of a 10th one that rings a bell with me (sorry for the pun), I'll update my response.
Can't wait for next year!!!
i love bleak mid winter!
so happy to see it on someone else's list...glad yer back
Oh, yeah - forgot about Breath of Heaven! There's my #10
1. Oh Holy Night
2. Silent Night
3. Do You Hear What I Hear
4. Away In A Manger
5. Angels We Have Heard
6. Oh Come All Ye Faithful
7. The First Noel
8. Grown Up Christmas Wish
9. Breath Of Heaven
10.In the Bleak Midwinter